Originally Posted by d500lnn
Originally Posted by oneoneshot
I agree, I assumed 'polite' offer was understood. But I routinely make public offers at gun shows, shoots etc., professionals do not 'swell up' and throw a temper tantrum. Offers are done with taste and diplomacy and for consideration.

Have you ever ruffled a car salesman, that ground i love!!!!!!!! Got to know their starting point. Price negotiating is an art, skillfully executed, I can take a low ball offer and politely decline, and have gone on to make a great buy or sale.

Hope you understand, but the gun market is soft now, and not all the lower priced guns are junk. I am sure you can satisfy yourself with holes in paper. Some of the medium to up to $2K can and do surpas some of the older guns ...we like.

I didn’t swell up. The forum member was brand new with zero feedback and it was his first attempt. I thought it was distasteful at best and let him know. I wasn’t upset, I just thought he sucked pretty hard and likely a do nothing. If I said yes, he'd May have faltered. So many on the Georgia based forum do. Anyhow, I get what you’re saying. I’m a salesman by profession. I appreciate a well thought out offer and the negotiating process.

Again, I was talking in total specificity (plurality) and not at you directly.