Originally Posted by geedubya
It's hard to lose by making a profit, but on the other hand, nothing in life is free. Time and money. I don't know about y'all, but if I take my wife and kids out to dinner at a nice, or even nicer restaurant, I can spend anywhere from $100 to $1K, depending on where I go, and that experience only lasts a couple hours other than in my memory. If I've owned a knife, pistol gun or scope for years and have had the pleasure of using it, and sell it for a sum that is less than what I paid to acquire it, I consider that cheap entertainment.

I like getting good deals on "stuff" and I'd like to NEVER lose money on anything I sell. But I share this view point as well. I have an old beater .22lr I bought for $120 at a gun show when I was 14. Mowed yards every summer, picked up aluminum cans and had money for fishing lures, bullets, pocket knives etc. I've shot the heck out of that little .22 and wouldn't trade it for anything. I see kids every day with cell phones that cost more than a half dozen of my "big purchases" when I was kid. Those cell phones will be tossed in the drawer in a year or two (or lost and replaced 2x) with no memories of anything. FFW 40 years and if I buy a gun, tool, whatever and use it for a while, but decide to sell it I take into consideration the value it has had to me for however long I've gotten to use it.

With that said.........if anyone has a stainless Model 7 in .308 collecting dust you want to sell for cheap just PM me!!! laugh