Originally Posted by Girlhunter
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Girlhunter
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Old_Crab
I agree with the comments, above, on the majority of hunters...

Most hunters are just like me, and don't need a scope with exacting-elevation-settings.
Good glass and durability and holding zero can be had for 300-400 dollars.

It's still true, even today, that most deer are killed well-within 200 yards.

No magic here.... I sight my .06 in at 200 yards and go hunting.

Boring, ain't it.

:-)

That probably works in your locale....

Consider a hunter in the west, he applies for a special tag, it may take ten years to draw that tag. He uses vacation time , travels a couple hundred miles to hunt. The terrain is open, long shots are likely.
Thousands of dollars and years of time are invested. The animal population is low (that's why it is a draw unit)
Would you trust a scope that worked ok and was suspect in terms of reliability? hell no!

Granted they are the minority in numbers compared to the average eastern deer hunter.....

Some of you need to get out more.... wink

So one deer tag in 10 years versus a guy that shoots 10 deer a year in his locale.

Following that logic, the guy that gets laid once every 10 years in Wyoming is a playboy, the guy that screws 100 girls is 10 years is a novice.

Flawed logic.... the guy probably shoots thousands of practice rounds.... long range requires that. Also he doesn't sit home every time he doesn't draw a special tag. More than likely applies in several states and easy to draw units in his home state.
I can guarandamntee you my rifles for woods hunting aren't held to the same accuracy standards as my long range rigs.... you don't know what you don't know... jeesh

So in short, the guy that gets laid once every 10 years masturbates a LOT.

Got it.

Travis, good to see you're back.

A wise man is frequently humbled.