It's a great thing we have so many choices in scopes. I have strong preferences. My concern now is who is going to take care of my three or so Nikon's now that these scopes are being discontinued.

First up, Leupold's had friction adjustments hunting scopes for years. For those of us who used them it was no problem. The only problem on older scopes was different graduations on the dials depending on age.

The scopes that Leupold had replaced under warranty were ancient as scopes go. I had owned two of those replaced scopes for over thirty years. I still get a bunch of crap over these older scopes being usable. Usually, it's all about hunting at twilight. So what, I don't hunt at twilight. Silly me, could it be that I'm hearing advertising repeated as experience. Surely, not!

Several years ago I had gotten two 3x9 Leupold's. Bubba had really done a job putting on scope rings and using red locktite to make sure nothing went wrong. The screw heads had to be bored out to remove the rings. One scope appeared to have a problem. Leupold rebuilt the windage and elevation adjustments. I'd write that off as a Bubba attack aftermath. Several times scopes have checked out and returned. Sure enough this was an owner problem. It was a good thing to remove the scope as a variable setting up a pre-owned rifle.

My buy lately on a $300.00 scope was the Leupold VX-3i 3.5x10. If there was money I would have bought a dozen of those scopes. The Leupold scope was a replacement for a older Burris 3x9x50. I have a fit with the Burris scope. Finally, I've had enough and bought the Leupold. No, nothing was wrong with the Burris. I did not like the scope. There is a world of difference between "don't like" and "no good." I'd like to know how many times scopes returned for repairs etc. are for owner problems. That has been me.

Last edited by Roundball1; 11/24/19.