Scope choice is just that, a choice...Some will learn about an optic that’s different than what they are accustomed to using, but see a benefit that a new scope can provide them in their hunting situation and decide to try one.

I wish I could care enough about what someone else wants to use as a scope, but, I just don’t...I’m sitting here in Georgia coming off a whitetail deer hunt out of an elevated blind that looked over a food plot surrounded by dense timber. My farthest shot...140 yards.

Did I need my Nightforce? Heck No! Any scope that was a set and forget and had good light gathering capabilities would have been just fine...Now, you change the hunting environment to steep, deep, heavy timber with wide open clear cuts that reach out 800 yards and beyond, where just getting to a position to start hunting can cause you to slip, stumble and fall with your scoped rifle, a guy may see the value in running a known to be robust optic that can take an unexpected hard knock.

It’s a choice...I hate absolutes as they don’t always hold water in every situation...You take Forms situation, look at his gear, his rigs, his optics - every single piece of gear looks like it’s been left in a Section 8 Housing Complex for addled minded drugheads to use and abuse for generations. His case is easy to understand why he needs equipment capable of sucking up the abuse from 1000’s upon 1000’s of rounds and users.

Bottom line, one size doesn’t fit everyone. If you’ve had the chance to hunt multiple states from East to West like some of us have. You’ll understand why some hunting environments, situations, and hunt style don’t necessarily require bomb proof gear. It’s that simple.

PS

For CumCowboy, I ran a FFP NightForce in dense, thick woody shît and I had zero problems in lowlight tracking a buck I spotted in the woods at 100 yards on low power until he stepped out into the open and into my reticle. I didn’t need to increase my power ring to see my reticle...Hey, but I shoot a lot and don’t fuss over small stuff when it comes to smacking fur.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”