Originally Posted by Judman
Thats why when I hear all these leupold failures I’m like wtf??

Depends on what one defines as a "failure". It's subjective.

If I'm reading you correctly, what's important to you is that you got your animal. For many, this holds true and that's the end all be all. Period.

For me, there's been plenty of times I've killed, but the shot placement/impact wasn't where it was suppose to be. Aiming for the neck and perhaps hit it in the shoulder. Or the shot is a little too high, low, or to the right or left.... you get the idea. Shot is a bit off.

Afterwards do some checking on the range and find the POI/POA off. No discernible reason as to why. Rifle wasn't dropped, bumped, or subjected to vibration in truck bed or ATV, etc. Typically it wouldn't be off to such a large degree that it would make a big difference in the field at my normal hunting range, as vitals are a pretty damn big target.... but still, doesn't give me warm fuzzies or confidence in the equipment.

Chasing zero on Leupold's was always frustrating.

For me, it simply isn't acceptable. Yes, I got my deer/pig,bear, whatever.... but knowing it's not tracking true, zero retention questionable, etc... just leaves me with no confidence in the equipment. I expect and demand more.

That's why I no longer use Leupold (as well as other brands/ and or specific models).

YMMV