Lately have been buying a few steel-tubed, El Paso Weavers, mostly to put on "classic" rifles, but partly to see if they were actually as reliable as I remembered---which means they sighted-in pretty easily with the correct number of clicks, and then stayed that way. So far, so good. That does not mean they're as good as today's better scopes, but some of today's scope manufacturers could learn something from 'em.

Incidentally, Bushnell scopes orignated when Dave Bushnell took some circa-1950 Weavers to Japan and said, "Can you copy these?" The folks in Japan said sure, and did. On my first safari in 1992, the father of my PH was born and raised in what was then called Rhodesia, and had done a BUNCH of buffalo culling with his .458 Winchester, because back then it was considered "normal" to clear out wildlife to make room for domestic animals, especially cattle. The first scope he put on his .458 was a 2.5x Bushnell, during the 1950's. He still had it on his rifle, and said it had never lost zero.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck