Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Originally Posted by Judman
Which brings up another subject, what percentage of "turret twisters" have made meat, via archery, or musket, with open sights of course. ... I'll bet, less than 10%.....

My personal experience is exactly opposite, the serious twisters I know are the real freaking deal, most of them are good, or better archers, myself included.

Mileage varies by locale I guess..... it’s not very common out here, but then again, the deer and hunting style are quite a bit different as well, and no elk either

I think it has more to do with the fact that for most real longer range shooters (not like our pard's neighbor), shooting is as much as a hobby and art as hunting, I know it is for me, including archery. You think I'm a rifle nut? I've got essentially an archery shop at home, do everything but build strings.

On another note, watching someone hunt with an out of tune bow drives me bonkers (90% of bows I see in the field). Will the out of tune bow kill? Most of the time within reasonable range, yes. Is it as efficient and reliable as a tuned bow, absolutely not.