Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Are the beliefs as crazy as you hear, or are people exaggerating the ridiculousness? Magic underwear, god lives on a planet hidden by the moon, blacks can pray themselves white. You hear a lot of scheit, so trying to seperate the fiction from the fact.

Jack,

I hope this answers your questions.
You seem like someone who wants to know the truth.
I don't want to be unkind to any mormans, but I studied their beliefs and have attempted to lead elders to Christ. I've read large portions of their books and history and can't disprove the statements in this documentary.

If any LDS here takes exception, please note that it's not personal. Just search the KJV Bible and approach this with as open a mind as possible is my hope.
If you don't watch it all, please watch 138:00++on.
Good night.

I watched clips of that and its the same recycled crap the southern christian religions have tried to say for years. When I was a kid growing up in texas. the assemblies of god and the baptist would have special meetings for the sole purpose of bashing mormons. I personally feel they did this because mormonism was a threat to their own faith. The LDS church does not pay its clergy. the way our church does it leaves people asking, why are we paying for a preacher? religion is a business to many and the LDS church questions that. IMO its the reason these anti mormon videos have been produced.

as a mormon what I have always thought was interesting is ask a baptist what they believe and they can't tell you, ask a methodist they can't tell you either. Ask them what is the difference between a baptist and a methodist and they can't tell you, people choose their church based on weather or not they like the preacher. with mormonism the church is the same there or in hawaii. don't matter where you go, its the same gospel. rather than post anti videos, I think its more productive you explain why your faith is better. Or take issue with certain doctrine. either way a god fearing people will be a free people. I encourage ALL people to belong to a Christian faith. if enough people turn away from god our nation will no longer be free. I fear that has already happened. its more important for us to belong to a faith and practice it than quabble about differences. the truth is about 90% of mormonism is on total agreement with baptists, methodists, etc.

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 06/12/21.