Originally Posted by keith
Not LDS here, but I have the utmost respect for every one of them I have got to know. I was broke down up in the Utah mountains, they towed my truck 37 miles with a chain to someone that would open their repair shop and fix my vehicle, stayed with me till the job was done. They would not take one penny.

I knew a lot of LDS when I lived in Az, rode horses and hunted with a lot of them.

They deserve better than to be made fun of.

Like most other folks of any flavor, creed, color, Nationality, there's good and bad.

I was screwed by a Mormon owned car dealership on some repairs when I lived in AZ. Hard to say it was just business when, at the time in about 2001, I was told directly by them they were charged $225 for a clutch kit by their jobber, and normal markup was to double that. Which is why they wanted to charge me $450. And I wasn't told this over the phone, I was sitting across from them at a table in their conference room. And not only were the parts and service managers there, but the general manager who's family name was on the BIG sign outside.

I found it interesting, in that I called a local parts dealer and retail cost to me was less than that, and I called two other dealerships, same brand, and was told I could come in and get one from their parts department for $185 at the most expensive. I told them they got screwed if they were charged $225 for parts I could get retail from two dealers for less than their cost from a wholesaler and that they might want to find another supplier. Basically, I told them they were lying right to my face.

I won't mention the name, it's well known in the area and perhaps they have repented.

I never looked at it as "Mormons are evil".................just that particular business and the family that runs it.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?