Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Are the beliefs as crazy as you hear, or are people exaggerating the ridiculousness?

After watching the documentary I posted for you, here's the less edited segment of the animated beliefs in a nutshell.

You'll notice that the mormans won't just own it that they are not the least bit in line with biblical Christianity. I've read much of their books they call ANOTHER testement and have seen their strange temple rituals.

"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. "
Galatians 1 Applies to Moroni bolonie too.

The LDS sacraments cannot save them. It is a perversion of the true gospel. Christ is THE Only way to the Father in heaven. Those sacraments and good deeds are filthy rags in the sight of the true God of heaven.

The typical default is good people, family values or something along those lines.
The fact is that they have a different Bible than that of the New Testament. They claim to believe it, and then add other books that contradict it. Doctrines and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price, Book of Mormon.

The final conclusion of the Bible says of their books,
"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:"
Revelation 22

Their teachings contradict the basic teachings of the Bible, but they want to be considered just another evangelical denomination.

The fact is that their good works wont get any of them into heaven any more than anyone else. We aren't saved by our good works.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. "

Ephesians 2:8-9

I think Matthew 7:1 is also relevant. But, you know, frog tea and all.