Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by deflave
Old Coot,

Do you have a wife and kids?

This is a Mormon thread. Question should be
“Do you have three wives and fourteen kids?”

I’ve met a lot of Mormons and none of them had three wives or 14 kids.

What about story telling salamanders?

The lizard works for Geico now.

Bb

At least you can have a sense of humor about all the misconceptions and falsehoods. People normally vilify things they don’t understand.
They normally default to vilification instead of researching what they don’t understand too. I have a few friends that are LDS, one “excommunicated “ or whatever it’s called in this particular religion.
Two are VERY successful. One grew up in it, one joined in high school. Remind me a lot of the mennonites in some ways. Work ethic, honest, prepping….

I’m actually envious of believers. It definitely makes life a little simpler if you believe all the misery in this world is just a test and there’s big rewards in the afterlife. I truly hope you’re right. The universe is a wonder and things like the impossibility of finite space means there’s so much more out there we can’t comprehend or understand. I think there’s a lot more to know and possibly we can live another life, but I think the traditions passed down in most religions contain enough similarities that they’re likely all rooted in the same knowledge from the past, described in the terms man’s feeble mind could use to describe what he’d seen or was told.

Last edited by jackmountain; 06/14/21.