A couple things here the real name of the church is “the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. So I don’t see how some can say we aren’t Christians when a Christian is a follower of Christ, and Jesus Christ is in bold letters in the official name.

Growing up in Texas I always thought it was unusual that preachers basically said believe my words. When you receive teachings of the lds church you are told not to just believe the words but to pray and ask god yourself. The most famous passage of scripture in the Book of Mormon instructs people to do just that. Ask god if it’s true. I think this is the opposite of some saying it’s a cult, why would a cult say dude go ask god if our message is true.

Cults involve one leader and that leader seeks more power and influence. Almost all the lds church leadership rotates in and out of leadership.

Sadly some non members feel like we ostracize them. This is against our teachings if this happens. Our teachings teach people to fellowship and help all. I think it happens because nearly everyone you live around knows each other and sees each other at least weekly. Of course you act differently to those you know verses don’t know. I think that is what non members see and it’s not intentional.

I say this again without enough people of all faiths believing in Judeo Christian values our nation willnot be free. The lds church is the most successful home grown American religion. I think that is kinda cool