Originally Posted by JeffP
Originally Posted by Longbob
Originally Posted by JeffP
https://vaccineimpact.com/2020/prep...-in-u-s-history-will-martial-law-follow/

“The Act did create a CounterMeasures Compensation Fund and mechanism to award damages to those who suffered injury or death by any of the declared countermeasures by the Secretary of HHS.”

“We are witnessing the PREP Act in action for the first time nationwide since its passage in 2005.

No one really knows the extent of the law and how it will affect everyone in the United States, short term and long term. Most of the media has not even discussed the details of the PREP Act and how it will affect the general public.”

“CounterMeasures Injury Compensation Program

In 2010, President Obama signed into law the CounterMeasures Injury Compensation Program (CICP) to enhance the existing PREP Act compensation function.

The CICP is administered directly by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). This federal agency is also tasked with the administration of the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (NVICP) or Vaccine Court.

Over the course of the last couple of years, I have contacted HRSA officials to discuss some issues in the NVICP. I can usually get someone to talk with me via a phone call. When the topic turns to CICP, the tone changes and the official now states, “send me an email and I will review it.”

The CICP is very problematic in so many ways.

First, the statute of limitations is only one (1) year versus three (3) years for injury in the NVICP.

Second, the Program does not reimburse any medical expert fees or attorney fees. You are on your own, just filling out a petition form and submitting to HRSA.

Third, there is no appeals process within a court system. Can’t appeal the decision to the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals nor to the US Supreme Court.

Fourth, all decisions are NOT disclosed, so they are not subject to public inspection. “

This is the first time that the PREP Act covered a vaccination for nationwide distribution, but not the first time the PREP Act covered a vaccine with EUA. It was used for Ebola for example in 2015 in the areas affected because it wasn't nationwide, but wasn't fully FDA approved until 2019.

There are plenty of other reasons for people to be hesitant or against taking these Covid vaccines that are unknown like potential longterm side effects. The liability immunity is a know issue that is not unique to the Covid vaccines. That can be your excuse for not getting it, but it isn't limited just to the Covid vaccines which is my point.

Everyone has their reasons for getting or not getting them and it is a personal choice. No one should be forced to get it or any other vaccine for that matter. Just know that the liability immunity extends to all of them.

Until PREP is enacted on each individual basis, the pharmaceuticals are liable. And because they didn’t/couldn’t do due diligence (ie long term studies, full trials) they were open to liability just as they are with every drug they bring to market.

The pharmaceuticals absolutely received immunity from liability.

PREP does have a remedy for liability. (Even if it is through the same gvt agency HHS. And is the final authority on remedy. Yeah no conflict of interest)

There are plenty of reasons not to get the jab.
I have no opinion on others’ choice to get or refuse other than the choice should be theirs alone.

I never said they didn't receive immunity. I only stated it wasn't unique for the Covid vaccines under the EUA. The only thing that was the first for the Covid vaccines was that it was utilized nationwide which makes sense vs the Ebola example because Ebola wasn't a nationwide issue.