Originally Posted by JeffP
Originally Posted by Longbob
Originally Posted by JeffP
No it’s not pointless. You said originally that this vaccine was covered under The 1988 Act. It is not.

It is covered under 2005 PERP ACT. There is a huge difference.

it was fast tracked w/o due diligence. So unless given protection status under PERP the pharmaceuticals would had been liable. And that’s because the drug isn’t vetted properly.

It may be a huge difference to you, but the results are the same and all vaccines are covered under the 1988 Act if they are fully approved. Which any of these would be if fully approved. I did use the 1988 Act comment prematurely without considering the EUA status and the PREP Act. I will admit that, but the fact remains the same that no new unique legislation was passed for the Covid vaccines as was being implied. It wasn't explicitly stated, but it was implied. All I was doing is pointing this out.

You also implied that the PREP act had not been used for a vaccine in the past under the EUA. It is true that it hasn't been used nationwide for the obvious reason because we haven't had a nationwide pandemic since the passage in 2005. I pointed out that it wasn't the only application of the PREP act for a vaccine (Ebola).

So your point that you are trying to make is that I applied the 1988 Act prematurely due to the EUA status of the Covid vaccines? Does that make you feel better that I acknowledge it was premature and that they are currently covered under the PREP act?

No , you miss the points .Words mean things.
You implied another’s decision not to take the jab because pharmaceuticals got a pass on liability, as uninformed. That the vaccine would had been w/o liability anyway because of the 1988 Act . And that wasn’t a reason to not take the jab.

It would not be covered under the 1988 Act for obvious reasons.
The lack of studies.

Under PERP 2005 we are the study. So yes, it is a perfectly valid reason to decline the jab.

And gvt is sooooo looking out for our best interests......

on liability under 1988 Act We pay for damages via a .75 tax on every vaccine anyway. So gvt put all the chips in big pharmaceuticals table and stuck it up ours.

On liability under PERP HHS gets to exempt the drug and then they are judge, jury , and appeals for any claims.

If this rigged system doesn’t raise flags for you, then run to the head of the line.

Words do mean things and it is uninformed if one thinks the pharmaceutical companies got a special and unique pass on liability with the Covid vaccines. PREP for now and the 1988 Act if any or all get full FDA approval. See DocRocket's post on FDA approval and the meaning behind it.