Wabigoon, I don’t offer this information to convince the committed anti-vaxxers. Kooks like TheRealHawkeye and his misguided ilk are confirmed in their delusions past the point of any rationality. It’s an article of faith with them.

I offer this information for those who are troubled and confused by the plethora of flagrant falsehoods ( like the specious “death rate” number put up by MtnSnake just a few posts above this one) that cloud the waters, and who want some actual facts to settle their minds. I do this for folks like them. There are still a goodly number of these people who participate in this ridiculous sh i t show on these pages.

Sadly, our education system has been mired in its 1950’s era approach to science education, so almost the entire adult population of the US has less science education behind them than grade schoolers in most other developed countries. As such it is easy for anti-Vax charlatans to get an audience and sow seeds of myth and paranoia about any controversial science topic, whether it be global warming or SARS-CoV2.

Last edited by DocRocket; 07/23/21.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars