Originally Posted by JeffP
Originally Posted by Longbob
Originally Posted by JeffP
Originally Posted by Longbob

This is not unique to the Covid vaccines. It has been this way since 1988.

This is not to be construed as saying you need to get the Covid vaccines that is your choice, but the liability reason is that you are using is not specific to these.

So just what were you implying here?
The covid vaccines received liability release under 2005 PERP Act that had to be enacted for this vaccine . Your statement implies it was covered under H.R.5546 - National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986 signed by Reagan in 1988.

The liability issue is a valid issue for one to choose not to receive the jab.

It is pretty simple. The people that are claiming that their reason for not getting the vaccines due to the lack of liability is a valid reason, but it is not unique to the Covid vaccine. Don't act like something special was passed through congress to absolve liability for the Covid vaccine because it wasn't. These laws already existed and have been utilized in the past even under the PREP Act for EUA.

I have already stated it was a valid reason for someone to claim if that is what they are hanging their hat on. I don't have an issue with that which I made clear. Why is it so hard for you to understand? What I have also stated is that it isn't unique to the Covid vaccines and if the liability issue is a no go for someone then I asked the question is that what they apply to other vaccines also or not. A person's reasons are their own, but it should be made clear that there weren't any new legislation passed to absolve liability that already exists. It appears that many people didn't know that.

Everything is special the first time....so it is unique
Hence the first link I posted
We are witnessing the PREP Act in action for the first time nationwide since its passage in 2005.

No one really knows the extent of the law and how it will affect everyone in the United States, short term and long term. Most of the media has not even discussed the details of the PREP Act and how it will affect the general public.”

I’d just add that in addition to us not knowing the short and long term effects from the law, we should add the same questions about the vaccine

Yes, I stated that it was the first time it was used nationwide due to the spread of Covid nationwide as opposed to Ebola that was not. That should seem obvious to most.
You are parsing this down to a point that it becomes pointless. Every application of any existing law for the first time would be unique. My point that you keep trying to move away from is that there were no unique laws passed by congress for the Covid vaccines to absolve liability to the pharmaceutical companies.