Originally Posted by DocRocket
fubarski, I'm real broke up to realize that my feet of clay have shattered your faith in me. Real broke up.

I was a bit wrong on my timing on how bad the epidemic was gonna be a year ago. I didn't know how bad it was gonna get until January. So yeah, I got it wrong. Mea fecking culpa. It ain't the first time and it won't be the last time. But I console myself with the fact that my work over the past year has saved quite a few lives. I lost a lot of folks, too. Some of them were too far gone, and God knows who we really had a shot at saving. COVID deaths were and are hard ones to choke down, and I've seen way more than I ever wanted to. But I've learned, and so has my profession, and I think we are doing better now.

That's what we do in medicine. We work with the information we have, and do our best with what we know, and we learn by our mistakes. And I take great comfort in knowing that there will always be bitter and twisted people like you who will ever remind me of my fallibility.

But hey, there's lots of folks way smarter and better looking than you who don't like me, so I guess I can deal with your disappointment. Don't choke on your spleen, kid. It tastes awful and in the end you'll die.

Sniping, snide comments aside, you can't dwell on how treating Covid-19 with ARDS protocols basically was killing them.

The treatments have evolved, and we now know what does and doesn't work.

The push to vaccinate kids REALLY bothers me though. They have almost zero risk from covid. Even if we were not talking about an EUA for a new tech, the push to vaccinate kids for this would be evil.