Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by OldHat

Combine that with the general incompetence trending in the ranks of the professional community across the broad and you get trust issues.

With all due respect, I and my colleagues have been dealing with patients' distrust for our entire careers. It ain't a new thing. I've had azzhats like TRH try to argue with me about every kooky medical theory under the sun on a regular basis for 30+ years, and I have long since stopped caring about whether they "trust" me or not. My response is to smile, and say "have a nice day" as I show them the door. And if they come back in a week or a month later dying from ignoring best medical advice, I use my best skills to try to save their lives with every skill and piece of information I possess, and I never say "I told you so."

It's not my job to make you trust me, or another doctor. It's my job to give you the best advice I can, given the information I have in my hands at the time.

It is entirely up to each individual patient-person to decide what they want to do.

Thank you for the "behind the scenes" perspective.