Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Originally Posted by jwp475

I turned 70 in January and I'm diabetic. I had Covid-19 last year in November, my wife also. My mother which resides in a nursing home also contracted Covid-19. We all recovered without hospitalization and none of us have any lasting effects. My brother is 2 years younger and has asthma had Covid-19, he needed breathing treatments but no hospitalization and no lingering effects.

My mother took the vaccine. My wife and I will not and my brother did not

Interesting anecdote. My counter is this: an older friend lives in a nursing home in Yakima, Washington. They were one of the first outbreaks of COVID. Fully 1/3 of the residents in the facility died along with 2-3 staff members. He has either had it twice or had a long-delayed relapse. He reports that he is doing pretty well now, no long term effects but that is not true for his friends who died.

Tom

Interesting anecdote.

The median length of stay in a nursing home is 5 months.

So, it's not surprising that some people died within that time.

Yes, people die. You don't lose 1/3 of the population in a 2-4 week period. Ever. But they did. And now things are pretty much back to normal and have been for nearly a year. Why one spike in the deaths, all with covid symptoms, not merely testing positive?

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...