Originally Posted by gunchamp
There are many blacks that have figured out the bullchit lies that are being fed to them on a daily basis and have thrived in modern america. They arent being held down by whitey. They arent stuck in slums because of whitey. They are jobless because of whitey. They dont have broken homes because of whitey. They are responsible for and need to fix their own communities if they ever expect to become productive law abiding americans

I’m in this camp ☝🏽

For some in the black, poorer communities, will unfortunately see other blacks who are trying to advance themselves out of poverty by themselves, or with available help from ‘programs’ - Programs being a package of aide available to people of color with low income levels, as ‘selling out’ to the white man.

Black folk that have made it out through, luck, education, financial assistance - coupled with their own business savvy using loans to build a thriving businesses, are seen as an ‘Uncle Tom’ If they leave the ‘Hood’.

Especially when they try to give back to their communities by showing their efforts of - this is what I did, the work I put in, the programs I took advantage of and how I made myself successful.

While embraced by some in the community and these patterns of success are followed like a blueprint. Many will be mocked for their personal effort, and again labeled as a ‘Sell Out’.

Examples of individuals that become successful that aren’t mocked in the ‘Hood’, are professional athletes and Rapper’s. These professions are embraced and emulated everywhere in ‘Hoods’ across the US...Why? because it’s seen as a fast track way out of poverty and into big money, fame, and a lifestyle that resonates back at them the familiarity of the street, thug life, with status and credibility.

These two professions have street legitimacy from a belief that it was achieved without compromise by not going the longer way into having a financially secure life through education and hard, personal work. That’s the white man’s way to succeed - not what a ‘Hood’ kid wants to aspire to.

And here we are, always back to ground zero with cultural advantages and differences being seen as either a roadblock or an open door to whatever someone wants to call living a good life.

It’s crazy to a lot of us, when we can see the negative effects of no education, no social mentoring at a young age and lack of foundations to help people make safer decisions, even when some do become successful.

Rapper’s getting shot, doing stupid shît that lands them in prison. Financially broke and owing others money, child support to different women, fights, assaults, domestic violence on a spouse...The list goes on...

Yes, white people do all these same things. But to a lesser degree? Idk. I haven’t looked up any statical information. We could be just as bad, maybe even worse, since our white population numbers are far greater than black people.

Black folk and white folk are the same, but without a cultural ‘sameness’ we are very different and understanding each other is almost impossible at times.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”