The biggest problem I have with Bush aside from illegal immigration, is is inability to unwillingness to answer his critics.

There we always be loons in this country, loons who will make wild allegations; and he allowed them to voice and continue to voice wild allegations without ever calling them out. He allowed the allegations to snowball and damn near create hysteria before he would even make a token effort to defend his decisions...or else the allegations were true.

WMD's, he should have been out front:
"Mr. Kerry. did you not say?"
"Mrs. Pelosi, you saw the same intel I did, why on this date did you say the following."
"You in the press need to ask the last President why on this date he said..." You might contend a president should not be spending his time in this fashion; well if he would have answered back the first few times, he wouldn't have had to...instead he embolden them to continue on.

He should have attacked back but instead I think a streak of arrogance left him ignoring the people who were building a legacy against him.

Remember the internet clip going around showing all the democrats supporting going into Iraq becasue of WMD? I would have stood at the podium while it played behind me, and then pointed at the camera and made my case. Do it one time, and your political foes would have thought twice before making up the next wild allegation.

No, I don't think he was one of the best, his inability to take on his political foes (which every president has) allowed them to create hysteria in this country, and help liberals enlist a generation of young people who fell for the hysteria. It's all part of the job.