(i havent read all pages of this thread.....dont have the time to play catch up on them all so if this has been brought up, sorry)

i cant like Bush's No Child Left Behind BS.....sure it may have helped getting some of the crappy schools in line but it has hurt some of the better schools. i know the local school has done more good through putting in place programs of its own cause the administration truly cares about the education of the students to help those lagging in the english and math areas....these would have been implemented regardless of the NCLBA as i know the administrators who implimented well them as they were teachers when i went to school there....however i have seen this school forced to dump hundreds of thousands of dollars into administrative BS instead of putting it towards programs that help the kids because of the NCLBA when they already were dealing with a shrinking budget authority do to declining enrollment......would much rather see that money go to more and better teachers....more added programs than screwing with the required paperwork to see weither or not they meet the NCLBA benchmarks.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books