I give Bush high marks on handling 9-11 and the aftermath.

I give him low marks on spending, but SteveNO raises a valid point, there's some smart guys in his circle, they probably figured the long haul of the Iraq occupation of fight for freedom (whichever term you prefer) would hammer his approval rating, too large of a percentage of Americans don't have the stomach for a fistfight, let alone a real war. For him to cut funding for other programs while funding the Iraq war, would have probaby hamstrung all GOP candidates.

I do feel opportunity was ripe immediately post 9-11 to cut spending, but it still would have come back to haunt the administration.

I think most folks were in favor of attacking Afghanistan and Iraq post 9-11 (I know I was happy for it) I'm just not very optimistic that we'll be successful in creating a democratic paradise in Iraq that will view the USA as a favorable trade partner.

in my estimation the economy got headed downhill during the Clinton administration and more importantly in my view the Greespan regime at the FED.

pumping up the money supply is a great short term fix for a lot of what ails you, it creates bubble stock markets, real estate markets etc.

but you go to the well too often, so often in fact that you quit reporting M3 and there's going to be a price to pay. We're seeing some of that now imo.

imo our country is just too evenly divided idealogically for a Pres. from either party to be very effective at pleasing the masses.

tis beyond my belief that folks can cast a vote for Kerry, Gore or Obillary.

same as it is for them to see us supporting or casting votes in support of the likes of Bush or McCain.

I will say I think Bush sucks even less than McCain. I fear we've hit the slippery slope.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say