Originally Posted by isaac
Poll: Americans Give Democratic Congress All-Time Low Rating
Thursday, June 21, 2007

WASHINGTON � Democrats pledged to take Congress in a new direction when it won control in November 2006, but less than six months after taking the reins, Americans aren't pleased with the results, giving lawmakers an all-time low public confidence rating.

In a Gallup poll released Thursday, only 14 percent of Americans have a "great deal" or "quite a lot" of confidence in Congress, a Gallup poll reports.

The poll shows an all-time lowest confidence rating and one of the lowest ratings for any institution in 30 years. The lowest confidence rating for Congress was 18 percent during 1991 to 1994. In 1994, the House switched from a Democratic to Republican majority after 40 years of one-party rule.

Issac

I'm not sure what those numbers really mean. It says the lowest rating was 18 % but now it's 14%

It shows "great deal' and "Quite a lot" but I'd like to know what the other options are.

Not sure what the difference is between " Confidence rating" and "lowest rating" means.

I saw one poll that said the Republican Congress had a 11% rating so who knows.

I tried to do some research and gave up. seems like there is a poll taken every month by about 25 different organizations so I guess you could pick one from column A and one from Column B and and make a point.

I think the point here is that we don't think much about Congress :-) But then again I don't think most people have any idea how Congress works ( no pun intended)

Piper