What you do you expect from U.S. corporations?

I expect them to go after short term profits with no regard for impacts on America, world political stability, or, for that matter their own long-term finacial stability. Why should I expect any different? That is how they always behaved. They are totally incapable of restraining themselves. That is why there is a need for some government regulation.

Do you expect them to be competitive with corporations from around the world? Are you happier if Airbus lands the big contact or Boeing?

Airbus is heavily subsidized and probably could not compete otherwise (sure seem to be a lot of the falling out of the air). A import tarriff to offset the subsidy would allow Boeing to compete on a level playing ground. Encounter a subsidy, impose a tarriff. That's the kind of regulation that global corporatism needs.

Do you expect them to lose money for the good of a few, or should they just stick to making profits for their shareholders?

A corporation exists to make money, but maximum profits at the expense of economic stability is unwise. Remember the story about the farmer who killed the goose to get the golden eggs? America is that goose. The eggs will keep coming at their own pace, you can't rip them out all at once.

Are they supposed to be patriots?

How would you feel about McDonald / Douglas if they had opened an aircraft factory in Japan in 1942? You dance with the one that brung ya'.

Corporations have a long history of being helpful to US intelligence. Or is that just another example of Big Brother?

When they are spying on American citizens, yes.

Us corps donate millions to non-profits and charities in this country.

And receive tax deductions for those contributions.

Someone in an earier post actually said, "My Fortune 400 employer matched our 401k contribution with company stock and that stock fell from $90 to $20..." Boo Hoo

That was me, actually, but save your tears. I always converted my stock to a diversified fund. When the stock tanked I bought back in at the bottom and sold out when the stock peaked over $90 again. I did quite well. You gotta love capitalism.

State what it is that you're PO'd about or move on

What I am "PO'd" aboutis the lack of government regulation of corporate behavior that destabilizes our country, I am not mad at the corporations, they are what they are and act accordingly when not restrained, one may as well get mad at the wind for blowing. They main culprits here are our elected representatives who have sold themselves to corporate interests and no longer serve the people who elected them to office.

And, I will move on when it suits me and not before, thank you very much, cap'n. smirk

ego operor non tutela