WOW, BOB !! It's not like I mounted your favorite sheep !! I just couldn't get along with the 270. To give you a little back round on me.. I have killed over 200 deer in my life with everything from my bow to the 338 winch mag. I trapped for a living for 5 years. I know a little about shooting and killing stuff. I shot 2 deer with the first gun and 3 or 4 with the last gun. One was accurate the other wasn't. The deer I shot never dropped at the shot. All of them ran for a ways, one went 300 yards before he fell over. Till I met the 6.5 swed my favorite gun was a 308. Killed ALOT of deer with that gun and none of them ever made it more than 30 yards. The 6.5 is even deadlier. I shoot 140 gr. Siera bullets out of it about 2650 fps and can watch the deer take the bullet. The whole side of the deer does a huge ripple and the deer drops.... and you get to see it in the scope.As far as having a "WHOLE" 2 270s... how unhappy do you have to be to say enuf is enuf ?? As far as getting to buy factory ammo..... If you are going to shoot a 6.5-06 you probably already thunk of that one and took ammo with you. I own 3 223s, 3 22 250s a 250 3000, the swed, a new 280 Ackley and a 338-06 ackley. I think I got most of what I need for firepower from the experiences I have had over the years. Can I shoot them or do I just like to spend too much $$ on guns ?? I one shot killed a prairie dog @ 402 lazered yards in a 25 mph cross wind last May. I am no target shooter but I get by with out a 270 just fine. As far as having crabs... talk to your wife about that. Just thinking out loud of course.....