Ackley,

No one is doubting your tracking ability. But you have stated that deer, specifically when hit with .277 bullets have gone farther than you would like and at least 1 went 300 yards.

Now I'm not a pro hunter, but I'm yet to see a lung or heart shot deer EVER go that far.

When folks use "it was a long tracking job", or "it went 300 Yards" that reeks of a gut shot deer.

In your "experience" with the .270, is it at all possible that you might have put the bullet in the paunch??

A badly hit deer will go a long way if pushed. And since you did not elabprate on your 6 or so .270 kills, what other conclusion do YOU think people with formulate?

You have yet to discuss shot angles, EXACT bullets that did not work in your opinion, etc, etc, etc...

Not a deer lives in the woods anywhere that can't be kilt with the .270 with 130gr Partition just as an example. And like I already mentioned, a bad shot is just plain and simply that and we ALL have made them. But I'm yet to blame a cartridge/rifle combo for that...

YMMV.

Last edited by CLB; 12/30/11.