You should be commended for sticking up for a buddy. I apoligised... you haven't.
WHY is it that when a guy says he does not personally like a cartrige, some body HAS to tell them that they are instantly a retard and know nothing of guns and shooting. The 270 HAS and will keep killing things. The swed has, for me, killed DRT for me. I beleive that every caliber has a perfect match between caliber, bullet weight, design and speed that when found kills stuff with amazing results. The load for my swed is such. Would it do it on elk ?? I doubt it... almost guarantee it.The deer I have killed are short range shots by alot of peoples standards. I doubt I have killed more than 10 deer beyond 200 yards. I can. It is.. I can get closer... so I do. Some deer are at feet and not yards. On average, I would say 100 yards. NOWHERE did I say the 270 wouldn't kill a deer. I said it did kill the deer, they just traveled farther than I wanted. YA, I wasn't there on my buddies deer so I can't comment on that other than it happened. I have no idea WHY they don't fall over or why I have such good luck with the 6.5. As for half starved deer... S.E. Iowa doesn't have very many of those. I never said I discovered anything new about the 270... BOB again. BOB blew this deal up !! I have no need to fight with you or your buddy, Bob. I also will not take the know it all snide attack from Bob or any other self proclaimed wizzard. Bob needs to control his ego a little better. ALL I SAID WAS I, PERSONALLY, DO NOT LIKE THE 270 !! Now that we have had this fancy pissing match, just how do I post pics ?