Originally Posted by Cocadori
You said I forgot Bergers so I used em.

You said you'd need a magnum hull for the heavy matrix.

Why would one put all their eggs in one basket... ala hoping one bullet will work?

BC's woulda been closer... 6.5 still wins no?

I dunno....I haven't seen the Matrix yet.....and there is a heavier Berger than 150 now. Hybrid I think.....yeah the comparison with the Bergers is of course valid....we can both cherry pick;but I think your 270 vels are a bit light from a 26" tube...I think the 150 will go over 3000 FWIW.

I really do not know how that Matrix bullet changes the game but it simply has to have an effect.Yes for the 175 a magnum hull might make more sense....I think the 165 would do well in the standard case.....not much difference between it and an Amax 162,and guys run those from 7/08's and 280's all the time....no one dumps on those combo's,and I see no reason why a 165 Matrix should not put a 270 solidly into the same class.

BC's over 700 have to count for something.... smile Even with a "win" on paper, I think the field is considerably narrowed now and it would be pretty hard to tell the difference in the field....with many bullets it already is.Practically speaking, if I seriously contemplated shooting animals beyond 600 yards, I'd want a 7mm,just "because"....neither a 6.5 or a 270 would be my choice.

I understand the velocity/expansion thing....if you grew up using tough bonded bullets,you could see it very clearly.

Last edited by BobinNH; 02/25/12.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.