Originally Posted by ackley33806
WOW, BOB !! It's not like I mounted your favorite sheep !! I just couldn't get along with the 270.

As far as having crabs... talk to your wife about that. Just thinking out loud of course.....

ackley, you brought up the crabs.....not me. smirk And leave my wife out of it,before I really get upset. mad

I have read enough silly stuff to fill an encyclopedia about guys who have shot less than a half dozen half starved whitetails with a 270 and had the deer run off barely bruised, go for miles, fail to leak blood,and behave in so many other immortal ways.

Then the same hero proclaims something in the same general power category with bullets of roughly the same weight,a few thousands in diameter larger or smaller,traveling at roughly the same velocities,as the virtual hammer of Thor.

If I were stupid,lacked experience,and had not killed a pile of deer and other stuff with a 270,from 10 feet to over 400 yards with the cartridge, all over the country,I might buy into such complete nonsense.

So might friends of mine who have used the cartridge(more than me)from Alaska and Canada to Africa, on game as diverse as eland, moose,elk,and interior grizzlies, I might buy in....

To round things oput I have also done the same with a vraiety of 300 mags and 7mm mags.

When I dig deep, I usually find out that these "detractors either can't shoot, or didn't shoot very well, or are in general not very experienced....at all much beyond their back yard.

What surprises me is that they generally think they have discovered something about the 270 that tens of thousands of hunters have not since 1925....like they are the only one's in all those years to "learn" such things.Not to mention the number of dead game animals numbering in the millions by now, all killed with a 270.

Generally anyone who comes to those conclusions is not much worth listening to....I know he has not been around much, not killed as much game as he professes, and likely can't shoot either.

If you can't kill a little old deer with a 270 and avoid a lot of melodrama.....stay home and take up knitting.

Two 270's is a warmup.....so isn't 5 deer.This ain't kindergarten.

Welcome to the CF...another one on "ignore". smirk

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.