Ackley sorry we got off on the wrong foot....but if I see something I very much disagree with,I will comment on it.

The comment about "crabs" was "tongue in cheek" and I should have held off, but it was just too irresistable....I figured no big deal, since you mentioned it first and left yourself wide open.... eek

You don't "have to" like the 270....I happen not to "like" 338's...I'm still trying to figure out what they are for....but I don;t make stuff up about them to prove a point either,and the last thing I'd suggest is that they don't "work good"..

So it goes.We all have our tastes in cartridges.I am not a self proclaimed "expert",but when I see something mentioned that runs very contrary to what I have observed,I won't hesitate to mention it,since this forum is all about expressing opinions based on experiences.

FWIW, here's mine.....anytime someone tells me that they hit an animal with a 270,and the animal got away,(or ran into the next county), I "know" one of two things....they did not hit him correctly, or they did not hit him at all.This does not require "expertise", just common sense.

People lose animals with a 270 for the same reason they lose animals with any caliber.....they didn't hit them right.I have never seen this "rule" breached.....ever; with any cartridge,or bore diameter.

There are no magic calibers,and nothing I have used is any better as a deer cartridge.

Have a nice day.Hope you get your picture posted smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.