I commented on what the OP was asking about at the start of this thread, but had not looked at it for some time. After clicking on it this morning and reading it from where I last left off until here, I felt the need to comment further.

I totally agree with Bob and John's oft-quoted comments. They are spot-on. There is not much wiggle room, if any. I have shot a lot of deer and antelope with a number of 270's over the years with all of the bullets listed earlier. I have not lost a single deer that I can recall, but the majority were taken with a Partition. I have also taken a number of deer and antelope with the three different 6.5-06's with the same results as the 270. And I have taken deer with the 6.5x55 Swede. Same results. I do not think a single animal taken with these three cartridges would have died any quicker by using one or the other of the three. Properly hit, the results were the same. However, any marginal hit resulted in needing to use tracking skills for varying distances. Our family group shoots primarily 270's with the same exact results I have witnessed on a personal level.