Originally Posted by ChipM
Wow, a bullet diameter from .264 to .277 to .284 and all hell breaks loose. Does it really matter, no..again put the bullet in the right place and the animal dies a quick death. If you believe the attack was personal from Bob, I think you misread somewhat. His point being of course how can you plainly state that the .270 is inadequate to kill deer based on limited experience and more so just common sense that your 6.5 swede kills them right there when the bullet, velocity, etc are so similiar, think about it, how does the conclusion make sense. Me, I'm not a neck/head shot kinda of shooter so I expect a tracking job after the shot. If I hit them right, its usually short and quick, you hit them wrong...well, just saying

Me, I'm not a 270 fan either but for different reasons, I much rather prefer the far superior .280 whistle

Yeah, exactly. I don't like the .270. I don't have any reason, I just don't like it. (Pay no attention to the four in my safe.) A 6.5-06 or .280 are much better, because I said so.

So there.

smile

I am in the initial stages of getting a .264 Whelen put together... R700 ADL, probably a 24" fluted Benchmark tube, Mickey KS stock, Timney or Shilen trigger, S&K or Talley mounts, depending on what scope I decide to use (the S&B Summit is out, because of BobinNH and JGRaider pimping it so much the price went up $500 smile )

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.