Aww common Bobby settle down...

,as compared to most 270's being 22"

Nope 24"

I bet your comparisons might be based on 6.5 bullets with BC's in the .600's as compared to 270 slugs in the .400's

well yeah but it isn't my fault you can't find or the high BC 270's are hard to find. Which really sorta solidifies my comment no?

270 caliber 165 Matrix with a static BC of .7381?

Oh joy "A" person makes "A" bullet for the 270 that has a high BC..better send back my stick and re-barrel. sure hope my rifle barrel likes "THAT" bullet.

I could not find load data but suspect 2850-2900 might be doable from a 26" tube in 270 Winchester

While you Laddy O's are doing bunny hugs over trying to beat one of the world's greatest BG cartridges

hmmm...... but no 26" load data? A 6.5-06 will do 3000 fps all day long and more if you so choose.

Of course we could also talk about a 175 gr Matrix 270 with a BC of .7828,but that might need a magnum hull to move it fast

not gonna happen with a 270 hull and were are talking about comparing the same hulls just different calibers ...right...?

I would expect the 140 from a 6.5/06 to have a slight velocity edge, but that said the numbers may even out by the time we hit 1000 yards....no? Not to mention of course a 25-35 gr weight advantage for the 270,which really can't hurt anything,I guess...but who knows?

cause most 270 guys hunt AT 1000 yards + right?

Let me know how the "numbers" work out when you're done....if incorrect I stand humbled, but got a funny feeling you boys may be well behind the times.The "differences" may be a lot less than you think.....

looking at comparable post counts ..you seem to have this time to run numbers. So could you do it then post and then I'll check em... only seems fair...

This is all in jest bobby... and a comment made by me because it is my opinion.... but unbunch your panties as it make the banter and jesting more pleasurable for ya...

jus' sayin'.. laffin