Originally Posted by ackley33806
CHIPM....
WHERE in my post does it say the deer did not die ??? ???
I' will wait.... go read my post. ???? I SAID I did not like trailing them down. By some posters standard a 100 yard trail job is expected and just a plain JOY of life. It freakes me out to have to trail a deer 100 yards. And to have one run 300 will cause me sleepless nights. In my whole life I have lost 2 deer. One with a 243... a bad hit and one with my bow. I called a good but the thing just quit bleeding and was gone. Can I track or do I give up on a trail too soon ?? The funniest joke on my tracking ability has to be the doe I blood tracked for almost 2 miles. She came in behind me and it was a quick shot but in my minds eye I thought I had hit her. There was some snow on the ground and I had blood specks so I stayed on the trail till the trail was lost in a cedar jungle choaked with multifloral rose brush. I couldn't figure out what had just happened so I went back and looked at the start of the blood trail. I think I missed her but it scared hell out of her and she ran into a tree giving her a bloody nose. I trailed a deer with a nose bleed for almost two mile. I spent 3 days trying to find the bow loss. Still think about the bow loss.

I read the post and if you read mine I said a "quick death". As Bob also stated after my post, I'm not defending Bob as he could speak for himself just fine but commenting on what I have observed first hand over the last 30 yrs. This thing has gone into a black hole very quickly and maybe everyone should take a deep breath and start over.

Welcome to the fire and I'll remember your suggestion on resteraunts when I get up to Alaska someday.