Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by BC30cal

[Linked Image]

Dwayne

Dwayne,

The three on the right that are similar to the Canadian Belt knife and Nessmuk really caught my attention.

Do you remember the maker and what he called them?

GWB

GW;
Good evening to you sir, sorry I missed this earlier.

The one on the right is a Bark River Micro Canadian in A2 I think??? Since I bought it used on a Canuck forum I'm not super sure what the steel is or how old.

The other two are a matched set that the maker called "Dwayne's knives" - cause I made 'em GW.... blush

Here's another photo of them together.
[Linked Image]

They're made from Simmonds D2 planer blade steel, cold ground so I didn't bugger up the temper and to my own odd grind line as I'd seen another guy do that, read why he'd done it and figured - why not? The handles are California Bighorn ewe horn from a carcass pickup a buddy gave me decades ago.

I do a wee bit of leather work from time to time and did up the sheath one afternoon too. They sometimes ride in my backpack or in the side door pocket of the pickup. So far I've liked the shape and D2 quite well.

Once upon a time I used to make more knives GW - wasn't super good at it or really knew what I was doing, but just liked to fool with different things. The antler handle ones and some of the fancy wood scale ones come from me, the rest from all parts of the globe really.
[Linked Image]

I've got a bit of a "thing" for knives GW - something I believe we could talk about for quite a good long while if we had some Shiner and a fire...
[Linked Image]

That was a fancy cooking knife I traded a big ZT folder with an Elmax blade for.

More cooking blades.
[Linked Image]

Camping sorta knives.
[Linked Image]

I was going to post a couple more but it looks like that's my limit for this post.

Later GW.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"