'Fire Folks;
Good evening one and all, I trust those of you joining in this visual feast from northern parts are keeping warm enough as of late.

Thanks to one and all for your contributions, I very much appreciate each and every one - it's truly good to see and hearkens back to some of the 'Fire of old. Well done all.

These guys are relatively rare out here, one has to look in big shale slides up near the alpine to see them. They put up hay in summer and store it for winter feed, not really hibernating but feeding through the long mountain winter.
[Linked Image]

While you have to take my word for it, this guy just snagged lunch and was giving us the eye while we tried to get some shots of him.
[Linked Image]

It was early September in the morning with a light layer of ice on the puddles on the mountain - yet here was this guy, who the girls labeled a "Battle Toad" as he must have been tough to be hiking about in that cold.
[Linked Image]

Mom and a single calf up where I chase mulies and whitetail - this is in summer so I was on a scouting trip.
[Linked Image]

Early September again - which is super late for Spruce Grouse chicks this small. What you can't see is that my daughter who snapped the photo has her boot toe just so out of the shot. We were stalking the old lady and a couple more chicks when she looked back at me wide eyed and pointed between her feet before snapping the photo.
[Linked Image]

Mom grouse we were following.
[Linked Image]

Thanks again all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"