I've enjoyed this thread immensely.
Being a flatlander, and a Texan, the photos that you folks have posted of the mountains and big game are amazing. Hopefully you don't take that for granted.
I've also very much enjoyed the pix of folks doing stuff with their familes and kids.

To you younger folk, I don't know if you realize the blessing that is "digital imaging"

IIRC I first started using a Single Lens Reflex Camera (SLR) circa 1966. I bought this Canon A1 in 1978

[Linked Image]

and used it until around 2004.

One fed it film rolls that contained 24 to 36 chances to get a decent pix. Most folks did not have the ability to develop black and white photos much less color photos from film negatives. Having your negatives developed was a laborious process and could take a couple weeks to get them back, and was pretty expensive.

These days, I may take 50 to 100 images in a day, and many times more than that, and the media that the images are recorded on can be used time an time again.

My family and I have been through at least three floods since 1978, and most of the pix I took before the advent of digital images have been lost. Bummer.
Just think if I had had the ability to do cloud storage or have access to an image hosting site.

I've been at my current address for close to 19 years now. Decided to clear out 19 years of accumulated "stuff". Here are a few images I found........

My dad did not take us places on vacations. I did not take my kids places on vacations. We had "the farm". It was 145 acres, 2 miles off the highway, surrounded by a 4,500 acre private holding, leased for timber.
We had a mile of frontage on "Peach Creek" and a 4 acre lake, with water so clear you could be up to your neck and see your toes.

ya!

GWB

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by geedubya; 02/09/19.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.