Fellow 'Fire Folks;
Hopefully all is well with you all wherever on the globe this finds you.

We're seeing the sun for a change once again today, but the unusually cold weather for this time of year has returned once again with the sun.

Before going any further I just want to thank one and all for participating in one of the finer threads in quite a good long while - by this Canuck's estimation anyway. So a sincere thanks.

When it snapped cold at the start of February we had a couple days of this which is relatively rare here. This is the top of the driveway.
[Linked Image]

Dunno why I can't get these spun normal ways, but they steadfastly refuse my admittedly limited technical skills. Ah for the old days, eh???

Rural mailboxes
[Linked Image]

Good stuff, at least I'm consistent this afternoon.

My best friend and longtime hunting and used to be fishing partner dragged me back into fishing after a 15 year break more or less. He caught these through the ice in a lake north of here on our first outing.
[Linked Image]

We caught these at a local lake yesterday.
[Linked Image]

Well that one was right way up, again I am mystified at exactly what to do. Anyway the larger perch is 9.5" which is a personal best for me and not too, too bad for around here. The Rainbows and sole Brookie are all legal stocking by the Ministry and the perch are illegal stockings by local fruitcakes. As was the 12" Coi we saw ghost past us a couple times!

Anyway as you can see I'm having an awful time adjusting to being back out on the ice. Buddy said I was the very model of abject despair... wink
[Linked Image]

Had an older than me guy knock on our tent and ask us what we were using, etc because nobody else was catching. I asked buddy, "How do you think he knew we were catching?" He replied, "I'm pretty sure the tent doesn't contain your laughter Dwayne!" blush

Anyway after too many hours of this.
[Linked Image]

The driveway again is passable so we can get most of the rigs in and out instead of only the AWD and 4X4 variety.

We'll continue on in another post, it would appear my limit has been reached, sideways photos and all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"