Originally Posted by New_2_99s
I sure miss the surf beaches of Australia !

But, that's all !!

New_2_99s:

Judging from the pictures you've been posting, it sure seems like you and your family are enjoying life in NW Ontario! In fact, if you can't adopt me, I would like to be re-incarnated as your next spoiled dog. smile

Anyway, I always found the folks in NW Ontario and the prairies very friendly. Decades ago, I was driving from the prairies to get home to spend Christmas with my parents in southern Ontario and I broke a spring shackle on a trailer in -35C weather the day before Christmas. (That is minus 31 degrees F for any Americans reading)

After a long chilly walk along the highway, I finally saw the lights of a house and a friendly couple let me in, warmed me up and fed me. They even called a tow truck and a welding shop (where somebody they knew worked) in Dryden.

I got towed to Dryden, and a nice friendly guy in the welding shop stayed 2 hours after the shop was scheduled to close on December 24 rather than going home to his family -- so that instead of spending Christmas in a motel, I could continue the drive to be with my family!

John (who didn't always live in Sweden) grin