Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide
This one obviously belonged to someone... he had a purty collar on and his claws were well manicured....

[Linked Image]

Ahh, you shot someone's pet kitty.....

Funny story about cats. I'm not sure if anyone here was around when Jim Hackieweicz posted pics of a very big cat he and a buddy killed. I know when Jim held it up the head was in line with his head and it's ass was almost touching the ground and Jim was just about an even 6 foot tall. Jim was a guide and he estimated it went all of 200 lbs. In the pic I saw it was a very big cat in anyone's book.

So a few months go by and I am manning a Oregon Hunter's Association booth for our chapter at the Sportsman's Show in Portland and a guy comes up to talk to the other fella helping me out at the booth. He shows him this picture and starts talking about this huge man eating cougar that had been killed while it was attacking a couple hunters and the story just got bigger and wilder the longer he talked. I happened to glance over at the picture and it was the same pic Jim had shown me just a couple weeks before but somebody had photoshopped the cat to look like it was 400 lbs while Jim was holding it up in the same pose as above. I started laughing and told him the real story about the cat and how that had been photoshopped from the original photo which I had seen. The guy had no appreciation for a good joke and called me an asshle and walked off in a huff....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.