Originally Posted by kingston
I just watched it again, as I was multitasking during the original airing. This time I took a few notes which are posted below. The technical discussion was nonsense.

Early on they show a slide labeled ‘Myth 5’ which appears to illustrate that a 0.4% deviation in adjustments at 100yrds. ensures 0% deviqation in adjustments1000 yards????? I have no idea what this was about.

Regarding scopes that have been back 6, 7 times, Dane, who’s been with Leupold for three years stated, “l’ve never seen a scope come back six times and have a problem. Generally by the third time it’s in here, uh, we’re firing it, uh, we’re doing jumping jacks drills, uh, we’re doing box drills...”

A few quotes from Nick...
“I don’t know exactly what ‘beefed up’ means”
“I’m not an engineer, I’m just a marketing guy”
“Are your take down screws in the stock nice and secure?”
“We’re not accusing anyone of being wrong or anything like that.”
“We’re not gonna produce a product that doesn’t work—doesn’t track.”
“We’re gonna geek out on all the engineering stuff, all the stuff that’s over my head.”
“If it goes on a rifle, it comes out of this factory (the one in the US)”

“Myth 5”.....Means you can’t properly sight a Leupold Scope at 100 yards...This is gonna be a shocker to the Set & Forget it guys.

I was impressed with the “mushy dials” explanation that means the erector is still doing its job...That I call 100% BS on.

I’ve had several VX6 and VX3i that when dialing up adjustments using CDS it felt like the knob was very loose, mushy and wobbled inside the turet. This would cause minor issues having to play the adjustment guessing game, 1/4 click would provide 1/2” or more in adjusment the other direction...Back and forth. Somtimes a good knock on top of the turret made me feel like in was supposed to help knock the erector into place...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”