Originally Posted by North61
I feel a bit sorry for Doug and Leupold on this one. This wasn't going to end well given the state of the strength of opinions on the subject. Doug comes across looking naive and probably damages his relationship with Leupold to boot. Leupold haters get to have a bigger field day and the poor sods who showed up from team Loopy probably damage their career's to some extent though I suspect it's also likely that 24 hour campfire members take their own reputation as "impossible to please" to a new height with management. Probably not the end game Doug was looking for.

I will continue to use Leupolds when I want a light weight option, but not without a bit of paranoia now, waiting for failures, that will likely not happen but waiting non the less.

All Leupold had to do was read any number of threads archived on the 24HCF. There’s no excuse for them not knowing what they were getting into.

Originally Posted by CP
I think the Leupold representatives in this presentation genuinely believe their products are beyond reproach and that their customer’s issues are merely predicated on baseless myths. They are in denial, and they are not gong to address problems that they believe don’t even exist. Too bad, but that is where they are... CP.

Well put and from a perspective Leupold should understand—epistemological...

Originally Posted by Higbean
Originally Posted by irfubar
I think the most disappointing part is they seemed to talk down to us...... I believe the campfire has many extremely accomplished shooters and we aren't the general shooting public... but they lumped us in with that group.

Typical tour guide narcissism.... smile

LOL

Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
I ordered the burger, but, had to send it back, like six times, because they couldn't get it right. Then they told me I didn't know what a good burger is or how to eat it. Wow, I doubt I will try another!

IT WAS ONLY THREE TIMES...

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty