I have been a Leupold user and supporter for some 50 years. I do not consider myself a Leupold fanboy by any means. Gear I use has to impress me and work the way I want it to, or I don't use it regardless of brand. So a lot of this is kind of disturbing. I do not discount some of the problems continually reported, just that I never have had any of them. That said I'm not a dial twister and long range shooter. I'm more likely to be more typical of the average shooter, and more atypical of the long range segment. I do have a very accurate 7 mm RM. Might have to buy a Leupold dial twister and see that side of the issue for myself.

I'm glad the ownership question did come up early on. That was probably an expected result, and is likely truthful. If your company does tens of millions of $$ in business every year, and you hold stock in said company, it makes no sense to commit suicide. I wonder if Leupold is looking for a leaker?

I was quite disappointed in the video. It was rather amateurish. I said in an earlier post the results were likely dependent on who Leupold sent to the party. Those are probably two pretty reliable and knowledgeable fellows. But good speakers they are not. They did not look real comfortable doing the dance. Way too many "you know's" and "and and-uh's. Not a good presentation at all. They did not appear to rank high enough in the corporate structure to carry the required weight. Specific questions were not responded to adequately. To much "we make good stuff" in the presentation. Not any dealing face up with issues.

Some video of actual production of the various lines from start to finish would be a nice addition to the website. Some good diagrams of interior construction in the specification and description of the various scopes too.

I will say the stuff they had did look pretty stout ( I would expect nothing else). That said maybe there is more of a need to tighten quality control on the various bits and pieces and add some scrutiny to assembly. Just because it is made of beryllium copper alloy does not mean it was made right and all fits together properly. Not rocket science to deduce that if it does not fit right it won't dial right.

Steve

Theodore Roosevelt: "Do what you can where you are with what you have"