Originally Posted by TomM1
Someone mentioned tube weight/strength earlier on. I wonder how the change in mounts may be contributing to the influx in issues (in addition to more dialing)? Not too long ago most used windage adjustable mounts, sometimes referred to Redfield style. Most, have gone away from this style mount can the windage screws can loosen affecting POI. I actually lost one after shooting one day. These type of mounting systems are very forgiving when it comes to scope mounting and holes that are not perfectly parallel to the bore. Most of the scopes that do track well are considerably heavier than what Leupold offers. Could the robustness of the tube, therefore resistance to less than perfect mounting, be a contributing factor to good mechanical behavior?

Of'course this doesn't explain why my weaver classics which weigh the same as Leupolds track very well in comparison.

Good point. They do their testing in a lab. Real world conditions enter more variables. The guy on the right said on the third trip to CS they are just THEN mounting on a rifle.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]