Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Anyone that expected they were going to admit there are problems with their products is delusional. That's simply not how one survives in the corporate world.

Way back when in the days of Quality programs, the mantra was, "Quality means meeting customer expectations, not goodness". IOW, as long as the customer thinks he's getting his money's worth, it's a quality product. As long as enough people keep buying Leupold stuff based on reputation and tradition, there's no incentive for them to make any changes. As has been said repeatedly here, they know all about the stuff they sell, and are sticking to the program. Maybe there's a bunch of secret scurrying around in their engineering department working on the problems with their stuff, but I kinda doubt it, and ain't taking any expensive chances when there's plenty of other good products to choose from.

Thanks to Doug and all those who endured the presentation and produced the Cliff Notes version for the rest of us.

I think you nailed it.

Something I've been considering is the fact that Leupolds are very light in weight, and I suppose that could be because they're using very thin tubes. If that is so, then it could be that they're more sensitive to any ring misalignment causing erectors to bind. I read somewhere recently that someone was tightening rings on a rifle and noticed that as the ring screws were torqued, the rifle's action would flex. That would almost certainly not happen with a Leupold if I'm right about tube thickness.

It must have been a ruger american rifle

It was a CA Ridgeline 300 RUM. Had a slightly bent 6x SS and once everything was torqued down I had some binding on action opening. Replaced the scope with a new 6x SS and all is well.

I agree, wouldn’t have seen it with the Leupold.

Semper Fi