This area of Texas is known as the hill country. As water tends to seek its lowest state of energy, flash flooding is a problem. About 2 years ago there was a +/- 700 acre ranch just south of the junction of SH 83 and FM 127 at Concan, Texas that changed ownership. The new owner has high fenced the property and spent a ton of money putting in roads and infrastructure. He has also stocked it with all kinds of exotic game. Those images are on two different game cameras that are about 1/2 mile distance from each other (straight line), and about 5 or 6 miles from the high fenced property mentioned above. I would imagine that a recent heavy rain caused a low water gap to be inundated and a number of animals got out. There are no high fenced properties between the game ranch and where we are located and both properties are on the same side of the highway. A couple months before we had pix of a red stag, another critter that I have not seen free ranging in this area before.

[Linked Image from i38.photobucket.com]

[Linked Image from i38.photobucket.com]

Last fall I had a great Sika stag that hung around for a couple weeks and about the same time my bud shot a really nice Sika doe that was in a group of six females.

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 11/15/19.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.