Originally Posted by JGRaider
I would venture to guess that a lot of people have already had it and gotten over it months ago.

I think you could be correct, JG. About the last of Dec through mid -Jan I was knocked out of quail, duck and sandhill hunting.

I got a strange bronchitis that started in my chest with chills and sweats that would soak the pillow and sherts but not any memorable body aches or sore throat to speak of. I had a lot of dry coughing fits and had to take Vics Nightime to cut coughing and allow sleep. I took 50mg prednisone in the AM every other day a few times then every several days after I would feel I was getting well and then screw up and go hunting and ending up pushing myself running down quail or breating cold air. The next day I would be sick and in bed a couple of days. It took about a month and I almost started ABs when I finally got to thinking I'd recover enough to someday maybe be able to breath cool air again and walk more than 75 yards without having to sit down a while.

I've been a lot sicker twice from the flu many years ago and even with annual or biannual bouts with bronchitis crud that have always seemed to involve sore throats and sinusitis that moved down into my chest.

One day I stretched it getting about 500 yards down the river and shot a bull sprig and another duck of some kind or the other. whistle I had to climb up and down those steep banks a few times to catch them floating down river. Dayom. Never thought I'd make it back to the truck after sucking the cool air down.

The stuff I had this time was strange.

Needless to say I'll never eat boiled bat again. shocked

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/23/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin