Originally Posted by kid0917
Originally Posted by rabst
Originally Posted by Stickfight
What do you think they did with the 21 million bodies?

"The seven funeral homes in the city of Wuhan were reported to be burning bodies 24 hours a day seven days a week in late January. Hubei Province has used 40 mobile cremators . . . since Feb. 16."

Full article here:
China May Have Massively Underreported Coronavirus Deaths

That would be about 750 bodies per hour per cremator. sounds pretty crowded, to me,
just my .02.....

If you'd read the article, you would have discovered that they don't attribute every cell phone cancellation to a dead body. Because of travel restrictions, and the economic downturn, many Chinese would have a reason to have cancelled an extra cell phone, had they owned two to begin with. But, it does seem that cell phone ownership in the People's Republic is mandatory, and it is not beyond the realm of possibilities that China is continuing to lie. If some small fraction of that 21 million is, in fact, due to unreported fatalities, it certainly wouldn't surprise.

Having said that, I think it foolish to give any credibility to Chinese reporting during this pandemic.

South Korea, on the other hand, is probably a much more reliable source of information. The fact that the Koreans, at least from what I have read, have not shut down businesses, nor closed schools, and yet have managed to somewhat contain viral spread, is encouraging. Perhaps we should be following their model: social distancing and regular temperature checks, but continuing to lead their lives as otherwise normally as they can.

Last edited by rabst; 03/23/20.